November 06, 2013

Wohoho, I am an ENTP :)

Hmmm, it's been a while since my last "no-posting" posting in my blog. Yeah, I found it was quite difficult for me to stick to the rule I made myself. But well, I still try to make it better, since this blog is made to be a little diary of my life. People who have known me for years will notice that I don't have friends if friends mean people who always close to you for more than 3 or 4 years. I don't have them, if you want to know, and to me it is okay.

Lately I took a personality test from http://www.16personalities.com/. The result was ENTP, Extraverted-Intuitive-Thinking-Perceiving. I had felt shocked but then laughed when I read the first line of the ENTP's description: People with ENTP personality type are often called devil's advocates, and for a good reason. OMG, devil's advocates! And one of the famous ENTPs is J.O.K.E.R. Yeah, that Joker from the Batman series *face palm*. There were also better figures like Alexander the Great, Theodore Roosevelt, Tom Hanks, and Celine Dion.
Source: http://backwardstimemachine.wordpress.com/2013/06/26/personality-types-clarifying-breaking-it-down-and-making-sense-of-it-all/


Mostly, the result was really me, it describe me well I think. Yeah, I am a kind of person that love to argue, enjoy brainstorming and all the options, but do my best to stay away from actual implementations. Now I know why when I was in campus organizations I insisted to call myself as a drafter, not an executor. And I also understand why in my job I criticize most of the rules and system ongoing. That's because ENTPs love challenging rules and routines, also usually prefer dealing with complex ideas and difficult challenges rather than day-to-day concerns.

There was also a part of the description that makes me stupefied. It is said that:
"In general, ENTP personalities are very rational and do not see much value in emotions or emotional arguments. Consequently, they are great when it comes to logical thinking, but likely to have difficulties in the emotional area - ENTPs' confidence and keen sense of humor are usually very attractive, but they can easily (and often inadvertently) hurt an individual belonging to a different personality type."
 But the best part of this personality test is the strengths and weaknesses of each personality type. Here's ENTP's strengths and weaknesses.
Strength:

  • Quick thinkers. ENTP personalities find it easy to come up with arguments and counterarguments in any discussion, jumping from one idea to another without much effort. They also enjoy being devil's advocates.
  • Very knowledgeable. ENTPs enjoy learning new things and accumulating knowledge. They tend to be very successful in the academic environment, especially when there is a need for original and bold solutions.
  • Excellent brainstormers. People with this personality type can easily both sides of the coin and do no get emotionally attached to a specific viewpoint or an idea. They simply enjoy the process of looking for possible solutions.
  • Original. ENTPs are not afraid of experiment and suggest ideas that are unconventional or even drastic. They are especially well suited for coming up with novel solutions for historical, systemic problems.
  • Charismatic. Quick-witted and confident ENTPs tend to also be charming and popular, intriguing and attracting people around them.
  • Energetic. ENTP personalities can be very enthusiastic and energetic if something excites them, They can spend ages looking for a solution to an interesting problem
Weaknesses:
  • Very argumentative. ENTPs enjoy debates and see them as mental exercises - this attitude can easily upset more sensitive or stability-oriented types.
  • Insensitive. ENTP personalities are very rational, which is likely to make it difficult for them recognize other people's feelings or express their own.
  • May find it difficult to focus. ENTPs' mind is used to jumping from one interesting idea to another - they may have difficulties staying focused on one specific topic.
  • Dislike practical matters. ENTPs are more interested in ideas and solutions than practical, daily matters. They may have no difficulties coming up with the perfect plan, but are likely to be far less interested in actually putting it in place, checking all the details etc.
  • May be intolerant. ENTP personalities may sometimes be intolerant and dismissive, especially when they have to deal with people who try to avoid debates or cannot defend their ideas.
  • Get bored quickly. ENTPs need to feel excited - routine tasks bore and frustrate them. They may even come up with imagination problems or start suggesting unnecessary improvements, just to keep their mind occupied.
Source: http://backwardstimemachine.wordpress.com/2013/06/26/personality-types-clarifying-breaking-it-down-and-making-sense-of-it-all/

Look at the picture above and you will find two of my favorite characters: Tony Stark the Iron Man and Captain Jack Sparrow. I am a big fan of them, adore both the characters and the actors. Glad to know the characters are ENTPs :D

You can also check your personality type by visiting http://www.16personalities.com/ and take the survey. It can be both appropriate and not, since it is based on your own appraisal to yourself. But it never hurts to try, right? ;)



1 comment: