June 13, 2013

Draw My Eyes: An Inspiration from Jen "From Head To Toe"

Voilaaaa, meet me again at my blog :) It's been two weeks since my last posting. Yeah, I thought this was my habit, difficult to get straight with my routine. But now I decide to punish myself if I break my own promise posting every week.

Not until a week ago, I felt my head was full of ideas to share in this blog. But I decided to post my new activity that gets me crazy: makeup exploration. Yup, recently I am getting crazy about make over. I don't remember when it started, but I am enjoying this interest now.


Well basically, I love doing makeup. But, due to personal principles, I rarely use full makeup. I prefer natural look for everyday makeup. Besides, I had not found any matched tutorial for my face. Fyi, I am Indonesian, Javanese by blood, but half of my friends said I have a little bit Chinese-look. Although in Indonesia you can easily meet Chinese descents, but my mother has confirmed that I am no Chinese, there is no Chinese blood flowing in my veins.

About a month ago, I found an interesting channel in Youtube, describing makeup for Asian eyes. She is Jen "From Head To Toe". I really love her smoky eyes tutorials. Although she has a different type of eyes, but her tutorials are very easy to understand and to apply. After watching some of her videos, I challenged myself to do eyes decorating as my very first weakness in makeup.

So here are some pictures I took when I practiced after work, the only leisure time I have now. Still needs a lot of works to do to improve. Well, call me newbie ;)

Light smoky eyes
When I have to attend a wedding ceremony, I prefer this light smoky eyes. Here, I combined :
- Wardah Eyeliner Pencil Brown
- Wardah Eyeshadow G
- Wardah Eyeliner Pencil Silver
- Wardah Liquid Eyeliner,  and
- Revlon High Dimension Mascara
- Wardah Eyebrow Pencil Brown

You can compare my eyes before and after this touch up from this picture :)  I have Asian lids, or some call it mono lids if I am not mistaken. Not so much makeup to add but the result really widened my eyes.


And when I have to attend a rather-glamorous wedding party but I don't want to look so glam and shiny, this is what I apply: a wide smoky eyes. Here I used:
- Wardah Eyeliner Pencil Brown
- Wardah Eyeshadow  M + I + B
- Wardah Eyeliner Pencil Silver
- Wardah Liquid Eyeliner, and
- Revlon High Dimension Mascara
Wardah Eyebrow Pencil Brown


Fyi, I prefer to not use fake lashes since it is forbidden in my religion to extent the hair (including eyelashes). And also I really love smoky eyes since it really enhances my lids.

And this is me in hijab :) Well, I would like to say my biggest thanks to Jen "From Head To Toe", she is such an inspiration :)
Wide smoky eyes framed
This is where I get the inspiration:

No comments:

Post a Comment